Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Make it Last

Hi everyone!

Every green thing I have ever planted or attempted to keep alive has died with 2 months of me receiving it!  I'm hoping to plant a community vegetable garden at the school I work at here in the next few months, so I would love to hear your tips and tricks to keeping all kinds of plants alive!

SiteAdmin has reacted to this post.
SiteAdmin
-Rachel

Hello Rachel!
I'm right there with you, neither one of my thumbs are green!  We can learn together!
That's very nice and a great project to take on!  Wishing you great success!

I tried to give this post both a thumbs up (because it's great that your wanting to do that) and a thumbs down (because anything you've planted has died), but it wouldn't let me do both so I'm a positive type person therefore, it's thumb's up.

I see you're new to the forum. Welcome!!  If you'd like and when you get a chance, head over to the introduction section and tell us about yourself.  We'd love to learn more about you!

Bye for now,
Dana

Hi Rachel,

I wish I could help you but I can't grow anything either. Never had any luck with it.

I'm sure it'll turn out great. Good luck!

How big of an area are you planning on planting and what vegetables are you planning?

Talk to you soon. Kay

Hi Kay

It would be 3-4 raised beds, about 4x10ft.

Planting tomatoes, zucchini, watermelon, peas, marigolds, and maybe some hearty herbs would be ideal!

-Rachel

Good morning

That's a nice sized garden. The only thing I've planted out of that group is 1 tomato plant.  It yielded me several tomatoes but I learned during that experience " growing" wasn't for me but I certainly enjoyed the tomatoes I was able to harvest.   I agree, a few herbs would be a nice addition.

Good luck on your endeavor!  People are lucky to have you working on such a project!  You'll be a blessing to many!

Rachel has reacted to this post.
Rachel